UK Study Visa Requirements in 2022 & New Rules
Globally, the UK is one of the most popular study destinations for international students. Having an array of top-ranked universities and world-renowned learning institutions, the UK has earned a stellar reputation as a destination for international students. Students are attracted to the UK because of its vibrant and eventful student life.
Moreover, new provisions have been introduced to facilitate Indian students’ pursuit of higher education in the UK from 2022. Students from India who wish to study in Britain will be able to take advantage of faster processing times, streamlined application processes, and a wider choice of routes available to them. To know more about the new rules and requirements, connect with trusted consultants for study in UK.
New Requirements Shared By Consultants For Study In UK
- General Eligibility Criteria
There are a number of general eligibility criteria or qualifications that students must possess in order to qualify for a UK student visa in 2022-23, including:
- A minimum age of 16 is required.
- A sufficient amount of funds should be available to cover course fees and living expenses. You should be able to sustain yourself financially during your study abroad experience.
- If you are planning to pursue a degree in English, you should possess a certain level of proficiency in the language.
- There must be an official letter of acceptance or offer from an accredited educational institution.
- English Language Proficiency
In order to understand the exact requirements for English language proficiency, you need to have a basic understanding of the CEFR. The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, or CEFR, consists of three aspects: learning, teaching, and assessment. The principal goal of the project is to develop a structure for learning, teaching, and assessing languages in Europe, and in this case, the English language.
It is necessary to have at least CERF level B2 proficiency, which is equivalent to an IELTS 5.5. In order to enroll in a postgraduate course, you must possess at least CEFR level B1 proficiency or an IELTS 4.0. If you are seeking a degree below the undergraduate level, you must pass and obtain an official certificate of the Secure English Language Test (SELT).
- A Valid Offer from a UK Educational Institution
In order to apply for a UK visa, you will need to submit an offer from a licensed UK education provider. An offer should be confirmed upon receiving a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS). Before applying for a UK study visa, you should have your CAS, and, more importantly, you should submit your application within six months of receiving your CAS. For more information, connect with professional consultants for study in UK.
- Documents Needed
The documents needed for the student visa are:
- Valid passport
- Visa application form
- Police clearance certificate
- Passport-sized recent photograph
- Proof of funds/financial evidence
- Payment of the visa fee/application fee
- Medical test results for tuberculosis
- Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)
- Valid Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) certificate (if required)
- Payment of the Immigration Healthcare Surcharge (IHS)
- An agreement from the financial sponsor (if there is a sponsorship)
If you are under 18, you will need to provide additional documents. These are:
- Parental or guardian consent is required.
- Parental or legal guardian relationship evidence.
- An official copy of the birth certificate or a government document containing the names of the parents.
- Test Results for Tuberculosis
According to consultants for study in UK, if you intend to stay in the UK for more than six months or apply for a student visa in the UK, you will be required to undergo medical testing for tuberculosis. Moreover, it is a requirement for certain countries. Tests must be conducted by clinicians who are approved to perform them. The first step should be an x-ray of the chest, but if the results of the x-ray are uncertain or inconclusive, the next step should be a sputum sample. Upon receiving a negative tuberculosis test result, you will be issued a certificate that is valid for six months.
The United Kingdom is making it easier for students from all over the world to apply to its universities and begin their study abroad journey in the right way. Therefore, if you are considering the UK as a study abroad destination and are concerned about the length and complexity of the visa application process, there is no need to worry. Good consultants for study in UK will guide you throughout the process.